These instructions describe how to set up www.saplinglearning.com as an approved LTI Tool for use in your Canvas course, where LTI stands for Learning Tools Interoperability.
From your course home page in Canvas click on Settings.
Go to "Settings"
On "Apps" tab, click "View App Configurations"
The button may just say Add App or +App in some versions of Canvas.
Click "Add New App" button
Add app details
- Name can be set to any non-blank value, just be sure to include a unique identifier such as course number and/or term.
- You will need to contact your Client Success Specialist to get the URL, Shared Secret, Consumer Key, and Launch URL (referred to as the Tool URL)
- Domain should be: gateway.mnv-tech.com
- Privacy should be set to Public.
Once you have filled in all the necessary fields, click Submit at the bottom.
Click on "Assignments"
Click the "+ Assignment" button
Set the Assignment Name and Points. This will represent the overall Sapling Learning grade that shows within your Canvas course.
Add assignment details
- Change the Submission Type to External Tool.
- If you added the Tool URL provided for your course in the steps above, click Find next to the box labeled Enter or find an External Tool URL and select the app. If you did not add the Tool URL or the app was globally configured for your campus, copy and paste the Tool URL into the field provided.
You must check the box for Load this tool in a new tab. Then click the Select button.
Enter a due date if required
We recommend the last day of finals.