The best way to integrate your D2L/Brightspace course with a LaunchPad course is to set up LaunchPad first. Below is a list of tasks, each of which links to a how-to article from our LaunchPad instructor's manual or D2L/Brightspace Deep Integration for LaunchPad: Student's Manual.
- If you haven't already been sampled access to your LaunchPad title, request access to it.
- Log in to your LaunchPad title, create a course, and input identifying information.
- Important note: Do not prompt students to enter their LMS ID. Doing so will conflict with your D2L/Brightspace and LaunchPad deep integration and cause technical issues.
- Familiarize yourself with the content. Search for your author's last name on this support site and find the visual tour of student and instructor resources for your title. Make a list of items that you'll want to assign for a grade vs. items you want students to read or walk-through that won't be for a grade.
- For items that will report to your D2L/Brightspace gradebook, assign them in LaunchPad, select due dates, enter point values, and create or select LaunchPad gradebook categories.
- For items that won't report to your D2L/Brightspace gradebook, you'll be able to import them into your D2L/Brightspace course without assigning them in LaunchPad.
- When you've completed your LaunchPad course set up, activate your LaunchPad course.
- After activating, you'll see auto-generated student registration instructions and will be prompted to distribute them to students. PLEASE IGNORE THESE INSTRUCTIONS! They were designed for students who are not accessing LaunchPad within D2L/Brightspace. Instead, direct students to the relevant articles in our student guide for D2L/Brightspace.
- Please also tell your students that they will be following special instructions to prepare to use LaunchPad inside D2L/Brightspace. Thus, if students bought a textbook packaged with a LaunchPad access card or a standalone access card from the bookstore, they should ignore the standard registration instructions included there and log in through D2L/Brightspace instead. If students mistakenly register through LaunchPad, they should consult the help article I purchased a package with a LaunchPad/Writer's Help 2.0 access card in the bookstore and have already registered the code on the card. What should I do now?.
When you're done, log in to D2L/Brightspace, link your D2L/Brightspace course to your LaunchPad course, and import the LaunchPad assignments you've already created, as well as any other resources you want students to read or walk-through but that you don't wish to grade. Read on in this manual to find out more about bringing LaunchPad content into D2L/Brightspace.