If your course uses the Calendar feature, you can add events/announcements to your calendar to remind your students of upcoming important dates. To edit the calendar, click the month and year at the top (i.e. July 2017).
Click the New Event button.
You will then be asked to select the Type of Event.
- User event: This event is specific to you and will only show up on your calendar. No students will see it.
- Group event: This event will show up on the calendar for all members of the group you select.
- Course event: This event will show up for all participants in your course.
Once you select the event type using the radio button above the selection, click OK.
On the following page:
- Enter the announcement's name and description. (The name will be displayed in the Upcoming Events block as a link to the calendar where the description is displayed.)
- Below the description enter the Date and time of your announcement/event.
- Enter the Duration of the announcement/event or select Without Duration.
- If this will be an event that repeats, select Repeat weekly, creating altogether ___ events. Enter the number of weeks the announcement should repeat.
- Click Save changes.