Note: Right click or SHIFT + F10 on the title of an article to open it in a new tab.
Getting Started with FlipIt
- Getting Started with FlipIt (VIDEO)
- What are the minimum system requirements for your media?
- Is there a calendar feature on the site (so I can see everything due across the term)?
Access to FlipIt
- How do I gain access to FlipIt?
- How can I get free trial access to FlipIt?
- Student Single-Sign-On
- Can I share my access code or subscription with my roommate/friend?
- I forgot my log-in credentials. How do I find them again?
- I have an access code in my book and want to use it to access content even though my instructor isn’t using FlipIt. Can I do this?
- How long will I have access to my FlipIt course once I purchase it?
Managing Your FlipIt Account
- How can I update my Unique ID?
- How can I update my i>clicker account?
- I registered with the wrong email address. Can I fix that?
- How can I change my password?
Track your progress
- What does the green/red bar at the top of each interactive item (PreLectures, Checkpoints, Homework) mean?
- How to understand score bars
- If a deadline has passed, can I still complete the assignment and get partial credit?
- How can I review a summary of my performance?
- How long are the PreLectures?
- Can I view PreLectures on my iPhone/iPad/smartphone?
- I am having a hard time viewing the PreLectures. What version of Flash do I need?
- Why can't I skip over slides? Can you review previously viewed slides?
- Is closed captioning available?
- What are the questions in the PreLectures? Are those for credit?
- Can I pause/play/rewind the PreLectures with keyboard shortcuts?
- Is there a penalty if I try a few times to get the PreLecture questions right?
- How does a CheckPoint differ from an embedded question within the PreLecture?
- What does computed value mean?
- I answered all of the CheckPoints and got the answers right. Why does the bar say I have less than 100%?
- Do I lose points if I don't get the answers right?
- How do mastery clusters in Problems work?
- What is the difference between a standard exercise and an interactive example?
- I noticed my homework is due on one date but my professor has multiple problems listed when I go to the homework assignment page. Do I have to complete all of the problems to get credit?
- What does the help button in the homework exercise do? Do I lose credit if I access the help?
- How do I type formulas? Can I enter both algebraic notation and numeric answers?
- How can I see feedback for my answer? Why doesn't it tell me if my answers are right for some of the questions?
- How can I view solutions to homework problems?
- How can I review my past homework?