You have the option of excluding a quiz question from being graded after your students have taken the quiz. Before you do so, however, consider these important notes about the process:
- If you exclude a quiz question from being graded after your students have taken the quiz, your students will be given credit for that question. If, for example, the quiz has ten questions, LaunchPad doesn't re-grade the quiz based on nine questions. It just awards full credit to the "excluded" question.
- If you are using a Master Course as a section and exclude a quiz question from being graded, the exclusion doesn't flow into the branches. You must, therefore, make the exclusion in each branch. However, using a Master Course as a section is a practice we do not recommend. We urge you not to activate the Master Course.
- If you're having issues excluding the grade of an algorithmic questions from a quiz, please contact tech support.
- If you decide to exclude a quiz question from a quiz while some students are still taking the quiz, we recommend that you exclude the question from the quiz only. If you also delete the question from the quiz the students who have already started it will be credited with getting the removed question correct while the students who have yet to take it will never see that question. As in the example from point 1, if your quiz has ten questions and you remove one after some students have completed the quiz and others have not, then the students who have yet to take the quiz will be graded on the remaining nine questions only, while the students who have already taken the quiz will be graded on ten and will be credited with getting the excluded question correct.
Click the "Gradebook"
Select the quiz from which you wish to exclude a question from being graded
Scroll to the bottom to find the list of quiz questions
Hit the plus sign to expand the options next to the quiz question you wish to exclude from the gradebook
Click "here" to exclude the question from the score
- You will see that the question now appears greyed out.
- You can click "here" again at the bottom of the question to restore it to the gradebook.
- Click the minus sign to the left of the question if you no longer wish to review the question.