You have the option of excluding a quiz question from being graded after your students have taken the quiz. Before you do so, however, consider these important notes about the process:
- If you exclude a quiz question from being graded after your students have taken the quiz, your students will be given credit for that question. If, for example, the quiz has ten questions, LaunchPad doesn't re-grade the quiz based on nine questions. It just awards full credit to the "excluded" question.
- If you are using a Master Course as a section and exclude a quiz question from being graded, the exclusion doesn't flow into the branches. You must, therefore, make the exclusion in each branch. However, using a Master Course as a section is a practice we do not recommend. We urge you not to activate the Master Course.
- If you're having issues excluding the grade of an algorithmic question from a quiz, please contact tech support.
- If you decide to exclude a quiz question from a quiz while some students are still taking the quiz, we recommend that you exclude the question from the quiz as opposed to deleting it. If you delete the question from the quiz the students who have already started it will be credited with getting the removed question correct while the students who have yet to take it will never see that question. This will result in the early quiz-takers having an unfair grade advantage.
Open the quiz
Click on the title of the quiz from which you wish to exclude a question from being graded.
Scroll to the list of questions at the bottom
Expand question view
Hit the plus sign to the left of the quiz question you wish to exclude from the gradebook.
Click "here" to exclude the question from the score
- You will see that the question now appears greyed out.
- You can click here again at the bottom of the question to restore it to the gradebook.
- Click the minus sign to the left of the question if you no longer wish to review the question.