This guide will give step-by-step instructions on how to integrate FlipIt with Blackboard.
- Administrator instructions - These steps must be completed before continuing to the instructor instructions. However, these steps may be unnecessary if the administrator settings are set to Allow links to any tool provider that isn't explicitly excluded. In this case, teachers can set up their own content links by providing a key and secret.
- Instructor instructions
First, log in to your Blackboard account as an administrator.
Navigate to "Register Provider Domain"
Select System Admin > Building Blocks > LTI Tool Providers > Register Provider Domain.
Set the following properties then click Submit.
- Provider Domain: gateway.mnv-tech.com
- Provider Domain Status: Approved
- Secondary Hostnames: <none>
- Default Configuration: Set separately for each link
- Tool Provider Custom Parameters: <none>
- Institution Policies: Send user data only over SSL
- User Fields to Send: Check all (Role in Course, Name, Email Address)
- Show User Acknowledgment Message: No
Manage Global Properties
Click Manage Global Properties and make sure that Allow configured tool providers to post grades is set to Yes.
Before getting started, be sure that:
- You have a key and secret for your institution, as well as a unique tool URL for each individual FlipIt course that you would like to integrate. If you need this information, you should contact Macmillan Learning support.
- Your LMS admin has completed the admin instructions above.
Navigate to your desired course and ensure that Edit Mode is set to ON.
Insert course link
Choose the portion of your course where you would like to insert your FlipIt course link. Here we've chosen Content. Then choose Build Content > Web Link.
Create web link
Name the Web Link something that your students will recognize as the way to access their assignments.
Use the URL provided by your Macmillan Learning support contact. The course ID in the URL should correspond to the course ID in your FlipIt course.
Check box for Tool Provider
Check the checkbox for This link is to a Tool Provider.
Enter key and secret
Use the key and secret provided by your Macmillan Learning support contact.
If you would like to send a grade directly from your FlipIt course to your Blackboard course, you must set Enable Evaluation to Yes and include the number of points you would like your FlipIt assignments to be worth. To Enable Evaluation after a content item is built, click on the v next to the content item and click Edit.
Leave Description blank
Do not enter any text into the Description field.
Open in a New Window
Choose Yes for the web link option Open in a New Window.
Be sure to click Submit to save your changes.
Send students instructions
Send your class the Instructions for Student Single-Sign-On.