I made a mistake registering my iClicker remote. How do I fix it?

Document created by Digital Support on May 19, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Dec 11, 2017
Version 4Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Before you begin the registration process or troubleshoot registration for your iClicker remote, check with your instructor for any instructions specific to his/her course, and ensure that you know which devices will be allowed in class. Each course might be using iClicker differently, so it is important to follow the registration instructions specific to each course/instructor. You must also know which iClicker software your instructor will be using to conduct polls–iClicker Classic or iClicker Cloud–because iClicker remote registration instructions differ based on the system in use.

Choose the scenario relevant to your course and follow the instructions for troubleshooting remote registration.

My instructor is using iClicker Classic

If you registered with the incorrect remote ID, simply register again with the correct information and contact support@iclicker.com to request that they remove the incorrect ID. There is no need to unregister, even if you're selling the remote or registering to a different student. 

You will do this either directly through a link in your school's Learning Management System (Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, Desire2Learn, or Sakai), or at the iClicker website–your instructor should let you know which scenario is relevant for the course. 

If you've paid a used remote registration fee, you will only be prompted to pay again if either your name or student ID does not match the remote ID you're trying to register to. This means that if you've paid the fee, you can make changes to your student ID without charge.

My instructor is using iClicker Cloud

You should have Created an iClicker Reef account (FREE) and registered your iClicker remote in the profile section of your Reef account.

If your iClicker remote responses are not being tied to your name in your instructor's gradebook, you may have entered an incorrect remote ID. To fix this, simply re-enter the correct remote ID in your Reef account.