iClicker Cloud uses Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) standards to publish scores from students' iClicker Reef accounts to the LMS gradebook with a single click. This integration is an alternative to the manual export/import process with external CSV files. Before you can proceed, ensure that your LMS admin has enabled iClicker as an external tool.
Currently, iClicker Cloud is a single column upload. Every time you sync your scores, the column will be automatically updated to reflect the new total.
Note: If you are a TA you will need professor credentials to complete this process.
Click below to watch our step-by-step video, and/or follow the instructions below.
- Select your iClicker Cloud course and open the course settings. Click either the gear icon in the side panel or the Edit button on your course dashboard.
- From the Settings window, select the Grade Sync tab and select "Single-column grade sync." Click Copy Link to copy the course-specific link. This link is unique for each iClicker Cloud course. You need to follow these directions for each course you are teaching and paste the specific link into your corresponding LMS course.
- From your Canvas course home page, click Assignments in the side navigation.
- From the Assignments screen, click +Assignment to create a new iClicker Cloud assignment.
- Complete the new assignment form with the following information:
Assignment Name: iClicker Reef [recommended]
Description (optional): Sign in or create a new Reef student account if you don’t already have one. Doing this from here will link your Canvas and Reef identities for this course and allow me to synchronize your scores.
Points: [total points all iClicker Cloud sessions will be worth in your course]
Submission Type: External Tool
External Tool URL: [paste the URL copied from your iClicker Cloud course settings]
- Click the Save & Publish button to complete the tool set up and make it immediately available to your students.
- Direct your students to log into Canvas and use that link to access their Reef Student accounts.
Now you are prepared to synchronize scores from iClicker Cloud to Canvas.