i>clicker 6: Why is the iClicker toolbar not showing up on the projection screen?

Document created by Digital Support on May 19, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on May 22, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

In the latest version of PowerPoint 2011 for Mac and PowerPoint 2013 for Windows, the default view when giving a presentation is the Presenter View. This will cause the i>clicker toolbar and results graph to show up on your screen instead of the projection screen your students see. To correct this, there are two options

1. If you want to use Presenter View, you can drag the i>clicker toolbar and results display over to the projection screen. 

The i>clicker toolbar can be moved around the screen by clicking and holding on the dark grey, left-most area of the toolbar. If you move the toolbar towards the edge it will "jump" from your presenter screen and appear on the projected display your students are viewing. Depending on the configuration of the classroom, this could mean moving ("dragging") the toolbar off to the left or to the right of the screen. This is a feature of your operating system, and is the same no matter which application you're using (Keynote, PowerPoint, or otherwise).

2. If you don't want to use Presenter View, you can turn it off.

• Open Powerpoint

• Click on the Slide Show tab

• Windows: Un-check Use Presenter View | Mac: Click Mirror Show

Attachments

Outcomes