Follow the instructions below to conduct a polling session.
- Sign in to your iClicker Cloud desktop software, select your course and click Start Polling Session. You can also launch a polling session from the iClicker Cloud Online Gradebook.
This will open the master toolbar, which you can toggle between a minimized or expanded size by clicking (a) the arrow.
The (d) active session icon on the master toolbar indicates that your polling session is active and ready to join. Instruct students to join the polling session. The number of students who have joined the session appears in the master toolbar next to (c) Attendees.
- Choose a question to present to your class, then click (b) Polling on the master toolbar. This will open the polling toolbar.
- On the polling toolbar, click the (e) play button to start a poll
If you would like to run an anonymous poll, select anonymous polling from the (j) menu. This will change the polling toolbar to a dark gray color to indicate you are in anonymous mode. Your polls will remain in anonymous mode until you switch your toolbar back to regular polling.
Both the iClicker Cloud master toolbar and polling toolbar float over your question content. Position these toolbars so that they do not interfere with your presentation. You can leave a polling session open during your whole class and ask questions when appropriate.
- To end a poll, click the (i) stop button.
- In the master toolbar, click on Results to view a results chart. Selecting the Results option displays a bar chart showing of the class responses. Only show the results if you want to share this information with your students.
Optional: Click an answer choice on the chart to indicate that it is correct. Click it again to undo your selection. You can choose multiple correct responses. You can also set the correct answers later after you end a polling session. Note that anonymous questions cannot be graded, but participation points for responding can be granted.
You also have the option to view the screenshot of each question by clicking the icon in the top left corner of the results window. Double-clicking a polling question’s image thumbnail opens a new window with a larger view of the image. Image thumbnails for Anonymous questions contain the anonymous icon below.
- Repeat steps 2-4 to ask additional questions.
- End the session by closing the master toolbar. You can also choose to resume a session instead.
Note: The Course Dashboard window appears when you end the session. You can review the session results from the Session History Dashboard.