IMPORTANT: Your administrator must prepare Sakai before you can create the iClicker Cloud association link in your courses. Check with your administrator if you are unsure whether your instance of Sakai has been set up.
To create the iClicker Cloud association link in Sakai:
1. From your Sakai course home page, click the Site Info option in the side menu bar and then click the MANAGE TOOLS tab.
2. From the Course Site Tools page, scroll past the General tools and expand the Plugin Tools section to view the contents.
3. Locate and select the iClicker Cloud tool option then click the Continue button. If you cannot find this tool, contact your administrator for assistance. Note that your iClicker Cloud tool may have been named differently than the example below.
4. From the Customize tool instance page, paste your iClicker Cloud course’s LMS link in the Launch URL entry field then click the Continue button.
5. Review the information on the Confirming site tools edits page then click the Finish button to complete the setup.
6. Direct your students to log into Sakai and use the tool to access iClicker Cloud. (Students may know it as Reef.)
NOTE: Sakai will automatically add a grade item to your gradebook the first time you synchronize your student scores. The grade item will be worth 100 points and won’t automatically be included in your Sakai course total. To edit the iClicker Cloud grade item, click the arrow icon in the column header and select Edit Item Details from the menu that opens.
From the Edit Gradebook item window, select the option to include the item in course grade calculations. If you want iClicker Cloud scores to be worth a value other than 100 points, edit this number then re-sync your iClicker Cloud scores to update. You may need to refresh your browser window to see the scores update.
IMPORTANT: How scores synchronize to your LMS.
iClicker Cloud score totals are synced to your LMS as percentages normalized to the points you defined in your LMS. While points in iClicker Cloud are built up from zero, the scores in the LMS start at the maximum number of points and are updated every time a sync is performed.
EXAMPLE: Halfway through the term, an instructor has run 20 polling sessions worth a total of 160 points. In their LMS, the instructor defined the iClicker Cloud grade item to be worth 50 points for their course. A student with an iClicker Cloud score of 120 points will show an LMS score of 37.5 points when synching scores.
iClicker Cloud: (120 pts earned) / (160 pts possible) = 0.75
LMS: (0.75)(50 pts possible) = 37.5 pts earned
Even though the percentage shown in iClicker Cloud is shown as an integer, the synchronized percentage retains greater precision so that the LMS score is converted accurately.
EXAMPLE: After the first week of class,an instructor has run sessions worth a total of 6 points. In their LMS, the instructor defined the iClicker Cloud grade item to be worth 100 points for their course. A student with an iClicker Cloud score of 5 points will show a REEF percentage of 83%, but the conversion in the LMS displays 83.33.
iClicker Cloud: (5 pts earned) / (6 pts possible) = 0.8333 or 83% when rounded
LMS: (0.8333)(100 pts possible) = 83.33 pts earned