iClicker Cloud 4.0.0 (Win/Mac/Web) – July 2017
This is a required update.
Features & Improvements
This is a required update.
Features & Improvements
- The Attendance module is officially out of beta and available as a free preview to students through fall 2017.
- A new summary panel in the web portal displays active attendance session details.
- When location is required for Attendance, a toggle control appears in the active session panel that allows instructors to temporarily suspend location requirements. This feature permits students experiencing geolocation issues to check in and continue to participate in other activities. (WEB Only)
- If a session is left hanging open on the server, instructors have the option to “Resume” that session instead of starting a new one. The “Resume” option appears in the Session History entry for the hanging session. Additionally, when starting a new poll or quiz, if an open session is detected, the instructor will be prompted to either resume the already open session or start a new one.
- The LMS Sync settings are now labeled “Grade Sync” to reflect the expanded integration opportunities with other Macmillan products. The gradebook interface will only show the grade sync elements relevant to the type of integration selected.
- Double-clicking a polling question’s thumbnail image opens a new resizable window with a larger version of the screenshot.
- Stricter password requirements are now enforced for new passwords. These requirements are displayed when creating a new password and are dynamically validated.
- Deleted courses are no longer accessible to students who joined a course prior to deletion.
- A new “Course Statistics” view for students in iClicker Reef provides an overview of the student’s course activity, participation, & performance.
- A new “Course History” view for students in iClicker Reef provides a detailed view of the student’s course activities.
- Student interface improvements have been made in iClicker Reef.
- FIXED: Participation points were being applied to Polling sessions with no questions.
- FIXED: The Excel export was not properly sorting students by last name.
- FIXED: The Excel export for target questions incorrectly displayed NR instead of points earned on the summary tab and NR instead of correct/incorrect on the question tab. Total points earned for the session was accurate despite the display issue for target questions.
- Mac-only Issues
- FIXED: Instructor remote could not be used to move between questions and select the correct response.
- FIXED: During active polling sessions, clicking “Results” opened a window to the first question rather than most recent question.
- FIXED: Clicker conflict alert icon continued to be shown after a student was removed and blocked from the course.
- FIXED: Attendees window did not always update the ‘Attending’ and ‘Not Attending’ layout; student names would appear under the incorrect heading during an active session.
- FIXED: Quiz response point entry fields would sometimes fail to appear in the “Results” window when opened from the Session History.
- FIXED: Toolbar counter did not accurately reflect number of students who joined a quizzing session.
- FIXED: Quiz questions displayed the “Graded” badge regardless of the grading status.
- FIXED: Quiz results window for past sessions included “Add/Remove Question” buttons, which is not allowed for completed quizzes.
- FIXED: Rapid/repetitive clicking in the “Grade Target Question” module could result in a crash.
- FIXED: Resizing the results window for a Target question could display student response dots at incorrectly shifted locations.
- FIXED: Unplugging the base while editing course settings caused an iClicker system crash.
- FIXED: The course Primary Institution drop-down list showed the blue focus of control box behind it when scrolling through the settings.
- FIXED: The profile Primary Institution drop-down list displayed behind the Primary Discipline control.
- Windows-only Issues
- FIXED: Grading allowed entering negative point values.
- FIXED: Rapid/repetitive clicking of the Start/Stop polling button could cause two polling questions to start simultaneously.
- FIXED: Network loss while starting a quiz could result in unexpected behavior.
- Web-only Issues
- FIXED: Changing a student’s score in the Session Score Details module did not appear to update in the gradebook until the page was refreshed. FIXED: Original points for responding to an ungraded question could display improperly in the Session Details module, even though current point values were accurate.
- FIXED: Returning to the gradebook from the Session Score Details module reverted the gradebook to the default sort order instead of maintaining the current sort.
- FIXED: Student grades displayed a score of 0.00 rather than NA for quiz participation.
- FIXED: Default filename when exporting the Roster was “REEF_RosterExport” rather than “iClicker_RosterExport”.
- FIXED: Border around “Poll” badge in student Grades table included an ellipses and wasn’t fully enclosed in the outline.
- A known issue in iClicker Cloud version 3.6 may prevent updating your software with the in-app button. If this happens, download the latest 4.0 software directly at https://www.iclicker.com/downloads/iclicker-cloud and discard all older versions of the software (Mac-only).
- Course settings for Quizzing do not save changes to the default point value (Mac-only).