Your students’ privacy is important to us. Please read the information below regarding how we preserve their privacy when they are checking in to your course using the Attendance module’s geolocation technology.
- The geolocation functionality in the iClicker Cloud Attendance module is only active when students are in the process of joining an Attendance session.
- Students must grant the Reef Student platform permission to share their location the very first time they use the feature, and they can choose to turn this permission on or off as they see fit.
- The geolocation check does not happen silently in the background without the student's knowledge or explicit action.
- The geolocation check only records the student’s distance from the check-in point designated in your location settings, not the student's actual location.
- iClicker Cloud provides the option for students to use a clicker to check-in if they prefer, which does not utilize any geolocation technology.