Writer's Help Now > How do I download and install Writer's Help Now?

Document created by Digital Support on Sep 7, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Sep 15, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Before downloading:

Please note that you must have access to Writer's Help 2.0 in order to use Writer's Help Now. Please see the help article How do I create an account? for more information.

Make sure your software meets the minimum requirements for Writer's Help Now. You can use Writer's Help Now with Microsoft Word 2013 or higher, Office 365, or Microsoft Word Online.

Download from within Microsoft Word

Open a new document in Microsoft Word. Locate the app store in Word under the Insert menu. Your interface may look slightly different depending on your version of Word. You may need to click on My Add-Ins or Office Add-Ins before accessing the store.

Microsoft Word 2016

Click on the image to zoom in.

Microsoft Word Online

If store does not open in Word

If you click Store and nothing appears, you can use a direct link to load the Writer's Help Now App into your Microsoft Word application. First, make sure the Store isn't open in Microsoft Word. Then, click on the following link to open the Microsoft Word store in your browser. On that page, click Add. Then select Open in Word and follow the directions from Microsoft. 

If store opens in Word

Use the search field to search for Writer's Help Now in the store. Click Add next to Writer's Help Now in the results list.

Start using Writer's Help Now

The app will open inside of Microsoft Word. Click Get Started.

If you have Writer's Help 2.0 access, use the same login and password to log in to Writer's Help Now. If you do not have Writer's Help 2.0 access, follow the instructions in the help article How do I create an account?. Once you are logged in, you will be able to use Writer's Help Now.

Any time you close Microsoft Word and re-open it, you will have to open Writer's Help Now again from the Add-Ins menu. 

Attachments

Outcomes