Read & Practice > Can I complete Read & Practice activities when they are not assigned or after the due date has passed?

Document created by Digital Support on Nov 13, 2017Last modified by Digital Support on Nov 13, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Yes! Read & Practice activities are designed to be used multiple times, so you can improve your scores and deepen your knowledge of the subject matter, even after the due date for the activity has passed.

How to access activities that are not assigned

Click on the Resources tab of your course, then click on the arrow next to a folder to expand it. You will see all of the activities available for that chapter. Note that some of the activities have a due date and others may not. If an assignment does not have a due date, you are not required to complete it, but you can still complete it for practice.

Note: If your instructor assigns this activity later, you may need to complete part of it again before you get the points. To check if you have received points for the activity, follow the instructions in the help article How do I see my grades?.

Click on the name of the activity to open it and start working.

Click on the image to zoom in.

How to access activities after the due date

Whether you've already completed the activity or not, you can continue to access it after the due date for practice. Note that completing your activity after the due date has passed will not earn any points in the gradebook.

Go to your Overview page and scroll past the Upcoming Assignments. In the Course Schedule section, you'll see past due assignments at the top in grey. The assignment will say Closed in the Status column. If you do not see your past due assignments, you may need to click on the slider button next to Show Past Assignments.

Click on the name of the activity to open it and start working.

Click on the image to zoom in.

Attachments

Outcomes