Cynthia Giffen

cynthia-giffen-fc-community-headshot.jpg

Cynthia J. Giffen

Department: Comprehensive Studies Program & Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology

School: University of Michigan; College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (MI)

Product: LaunchPad for How Life Works (Morris, et al.)

How do you use LaunchPad?  We use LaunchPad extensively for regular pre- and post-lecture quizzing. We use both the publisher-supplied questions as well as our own questions. We also use some of the Visual Synthesis Map activities & assessments, both online in LaunchPad, and adapted for in-class use.

Advice on using technology with students: It's not going to work perfectly the first time, so be a little bit flexible & willing to adjust. The vast majority of students are going to have an experience free from technical difficulties, and will appreciate your willingness to try something new, provide additional support & practice, and allow them to work at their own pace and on their own schedule.  More than anything else, technology offers me the ability to be flexible with my students: I set assessments up, and they work through them at their own pace and on their own schedule.

Labels (1)
Version history
Last update:
‎06-22-2020 11:59 AM
Updated by: