Faculty Consultant for Psychology - Christopher Dyszelski, Madison Area Technical College

Document created by Becky Anderson Employee on Nov 28, 2017Last modified by Becky Anderson Employee on Dec 1, 2017
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Christopher Dyszelski ImageName: Christopher Dyszelski, Ph.D.

Department: Psychology

School: Madison Area Technical College

Product: Launchpad for Psychology in Modules, 11e by Myers and DeWall

How do you use LaunchPad? Having made the transition from the PsychPortal to LaunchPad, I first started with using it as a component of my face-to-face class, having them complete Learning Curve and some of the other activities before we start the chapter and using them as a rough gauge of topics we may need to cover in more depth, explain more, or elaborate on. Now I am using for a completely online class as our primary site for the coursework including preparatory work (Learning Curve and activities), Assignments, Discussion Board and testing.

Advice on Using Technology with Students: Start slow and take the time to build your comfort and theirs with the technology, with your organizational structure, and in building the culture and community of your class. Be playful with it and explore, trying out a tool feature or different way of implementing it that you hadn't before. As you get more comfortable with it, push the boundaries to see what innovations you can imagine. Listen to them about it and garner and utilize their feedback.

Attachments

Outcomes