PurposeMapworks Activity reports allow a quick overview of how Mapworks is being used within the institute by faculty, staff, and students. The top activities, number of referrals and appointments, contact information, and academic updates are all also summarized. This can be used to provide insight into which areas are being used efficiently and where extra attention may be needed.
- Sign In at skyfactor.com
- Click the Reports tab
- Click on Our Mapworks Activity
- Select Academic Year or Term: You can select the entire year or specific terms.
- Select a Date: The date range for the academic year or term selected will automatically appear. This can be changed to a specific date range.
- Select filters to focus on a specific subpopulation of students
- Risk Indicator: Visually represents the extent to which an individual student is at risk of either poor academic performance or attrition. Mapworks implements algorithms that are used to calculate a student’s risk indicator based on pertinent data in the system for that student. Pertinent data includes profile items, survey responses, and academic updates.
- Active/Inactive: Students are marked as active or inactive upon upload into the system. This status can be changed at any time by updating it individually on the student’s profile or by a bulk action of uploading a CSV file with each inactive student’s information.
- Course Sections: Place emphasis on individual course sections
- Profile: Narrow down results based off of Profile Blocks or ISPs
- Static Lists: Choose students associated to current lists only
- Survey Cohort: Users are able to create 4 survey cohorts based upon various criteria of their choosing. A few suggested ways to create cohorts are course level, matriculation year and term, or risk group.
- Teams: Filter students on specific teams they are associated to
- Groups: Concentrate on particular groups of students
- To include everyone in the report leave all fields blank
- Edit Display Options: Choose which options are displayed on the report.
- Click Generate Report.
- Either wait for the report to generate on the following page or leave this page and receive a notification when it is completed.
- Top Activities: Quick snapshot of the number of each activity performed during the specified academic year or term
- Faculty/Staff: View how many faculty and staff are utilizing Mapworks Campus Connection: Faculty/Staff who have been assigned a Primary Campus Connection.
- Students: View how students are being utilized within Mapworks.
- Activity Overview: Overview of referrals, appointments, contacts, interaction contacts, notes, and academic updates. Analyze where activity is high and where improvements can be made.
- Referrals: View how many referrals are open and being discussed with students. Can determine if students being referred are getting the attention requested. Can also see a summary of the referred student’s intents to leave, whether the concerns are high priority, and what referral category they fall under. This gives a picture to the severity of the referred student’s current situation.
- Appointments: View how many faculty and staff are setting appointments in Mapworks vs students and what the appointment categories are.
- Contacts: View which percentage of contacts are interactions vs non interactions and what the contact category was. Shows how effective faculty/staff are at contacting and connecting with their students.
Interaction contacts are contact made between a faculty/staff person and a student that is one or more of the following: (1) initiated by the student; (2) in-person; (3) by phone. Categories include: (1) In-person meeting; (2) Phone conversation; (3) Email from a student; (4) Phone message received from student; (5) Message received via social networking site; (6) Written communication from student; (7) Group meeting; (8) Appointment; (9) Other interaction contact.
- Academic Updates: View information pertaining to academic updates and how responsive faculty and staff are at communicating these updates.
Saving DataSave This Report Template: Quickly pull up the same report information skipping the Getting Started steps.
Save as PDF: Easily print or view the report saved as a pdf.