Delaney O'Beirne | Help Others Be the Best They Can Be

Document created by Zac Bacco on Jan 8, 2019Last modified by Zac Bacco on Jan 8, 2019
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Delaney O'Beirne shares her journey and why she does what she does to achieve more. As a student, she works to be an agent of change to others and motivate them to be the best they can be.
Delaney O'Beirne shares her journey and why she does what she does to achieve more. As a student, she works to be an agent of change to others and motivate them to be the best they can be.
My Journey to #AchieveMore

My drive to work in the Human Services field stems from the passion and desire to help others. My motto in life has always been "If I have the ability to help someone, why not utilize that ability". This passion proved itself to be evident starting in my childhood. The first memory I have of helping others was while running a kids race during a family event. I was competing and I was towards the front of the pack. With the finish line in sight, one of the other competitors fell. I had stopped to help that competitor rather than continue on to the finish line. That is the first vivid memory I have of stopping to help others in times of need.

Many different events and experiences had accumulated since that moment, which lead me to choose a career path within Human Services. I would like to be able to work with individuals facing the disease of addiction and substance abuse. I know that I have the potential to make a huge impact within that population. In working with these individuals and helping them, I can save lives. My goal is to help individuals become the best that they can be. There are so many obstacles and barriers that so many people face over their life course. I want to help people overcome those challenges. I believe that everyone has the opportunity to improve themselves in one aspect or another. I would love to be an agent of change to others and motivate them to be the best they can.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes