Asia Parker | Striving to Be Part of Humanities Greatest Achievements

Document created by Zac Bacco on Jan 8, 2019Last modified by Zac Bacco on Jan 8, 2019
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Asia Parker shares her journey and why she does what she does to achieve more. As a student, she works to study humanity's greatest achievements and work to create one of her own.
Asia Parker shares her journey and why she does what she does to achieve more. As a student, she works to study humanity's greatest achievements and work to create one of her own.
My Journey to #AchieveMore

There have been approximately 107 billion humans, all have lived and died on this Pale Blue Dot we call home, though some have escaped for a brief moment to only travel to our little satellite called the moon. We have not achieved much distance. It's hard to figure out a place on this dot when there have, are, and will be so many humans. Then thinking into it, you can lose your mind with the creeping thoughts of nihilism. It's hard to achieve something so abstract and intangible. To achieve worth or greatness is difficult; there's no palpable way of knowing if you did. So you have to ask what's the point of trying if it's seeming impossible to achieve something new that has the sentiment value of worth and greatness tethered behind it?

You don't need to. That's the great thing about it: you have the ability to synthesize a meaning of everything out of nothing. To achieve greatness is something we don't need, it's based on what others think of you. To realize that every great human that has ever lived has had one thing in common: curiosity. Not this mentality to achieve something so absurd. I don't need to achieve greatness and find self-worth. I just need to fulfill this curiosity. I have achieved in a variety of subjects, from being a track star to a scientist, as well as a metalsmith and programmer, my thirst for curiosity will never be quenched.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes