Natalia Ermasova | Help Students Succeed

Document created by Zac Bacco on Jan 9, 2019Last modified by Zac Bacco on Jan 9, 2019
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Natalia Ermasova shares her journey and why she does what she does to achieve more. As an educator, she is driven to achieve more by helping students succeed through research and teaching.
Natalia Ermasova shares her journey and why she does what she does to achieve more. As an educator, she is driven to achieve more by helping students succeed through research and teaching.
My Journey to #AchieveMore

My commitments to help my students to succeed have been central to my drives to achieve more in my research and teaching at Governors State University (GSU). In 2017, I was awarded Excellence Award of GSU. GSU is one of the most diverse campus in the state of Illinois. There are 83 percent of African-American students in our Master of Public Administration (MPA) program. In my Economics, Budgeting and Public Finance courses, as well as in capstone course, I provide for my students the opportunities to address a social problem and engage in hands-on experiences to develop practical and applicable solutions to the problems in public policy, budgeting, and public finance.

From fall 2012 to summer 2018, I have taught 55 sections of 11 different courses. For all 55 courses the answer for Question “Satisfied with Instructor Effort” were 100% very satisfied over my 6 years of my teaching experience at GSU. For example, the student’s comment about me was following: “Probably one of the most passionate, well-informed and enthusiastic professor that I have ever had the opportunity to meet. Her passion for the course motivated me towards finishing successfully.” This comment is the best drive to work more and teach better! I encourage students to pursue capstone projects that focus on restorative justice, civic engagement, gender, race, ethnic equality, and resolving local municipal problems. Student projects often center on research that I am currently engaged. One thing that I am proud about my research activity at GSU is how I played a key role in including my students in the scholarly research projects. I am proud that I have already published four articles with my students in peer reviewed journals. I love and care about my students and they give me passion for my teaching research activities.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes