Otrude Moyo | For the Purpose of Improving Life

Document created by Zac Bacco on Jan 9, 2019
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Otrude Moyo shares her journey and why she does what she does to achieve more. As an educator, her purpose is to be part of her own self-transformation, students’ transformation, and the communities she lives.
Otrude Moyo shares her journey and why she does what she does to achieve more. As an educator, her purpose is to be part of her own self-transformation, students’ transformation and the communities she lives.
My Journey to #AchieveMore

Every day, I celebrate my life as a present to the people that I am connected with! I celebrate my life and thank my higher power, ancestors, and those that have gone before me to pave way for my life and others like me. I honor their struggles and wisdom. I am alive therefore my life is purposeful. The concern to do something different and/or anything different to improve my own quality of life, or be a part of improving the quality of life of others, is what makes me get up and go!

As an educator, the purpose is to be part of my own self-transformation, being a part of students’ transformation, and the communities I live in. As a student of society, I desire to learn. My learning entails unlearning some of the things that I have been socialized into valuing - particularly worldly systems that create winners and losers that result in exclusionary ways of living. Every day I get up to try new ways of living, for example, extend my concern for self and others. In my own personal life, I challenge myself to examine various everyday oppressions as a way of valuing the diversity of humanity and embracing living together and carving spaces where all our lives matter. As a being that is alive, I embrace ways of making a living with the conscientious that the physical environment, the plants, wildlife, and the whole environmental ecosystem is protected to assure life tomorrow!

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes