Matt Evans | Helping Students Find Their Place in the Conversation

Document created by Kinsley Stocum on Feb 12, 2019Last modified by Kinsley Stocum on Feb 13, 2019
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

We asked Professor of Physics Matt Evans a few questions about why, what, and how he does what he does for his students on a daily basis. Here's a taste of what he had to say.

Matt Evans, Physics professor at University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, is an engagement expert

What is the most fulfilling aspect of teaching for you?

"I stumbled onto teaching after a post-doc and fell in love with the ability for this vocation to help students realize talents they never knew they had. Every year I get students who state that they entered the semester hating physics, but by the end they were able to learn and appreciate the subject, leading to increased self-confidence. I enjoy seeing students learn life-lessons while taking my class."

What drew you to seek a student engagement solution in your course?

"I know that many students want to participate in classes, but do not have the voice for large groups. Thus, setting up scenarios where they can find their place in the conversation has helped their engagement and interest in the course material."

CLICKING TO GREATNESS

MATT EVANS IS AN ENGAGEMENT EXPERT

Matt Evans, Professor of Physics, has been an iClicker enthusiast since 2005, engaging over 8,400 students in his active learning classroom—and that number continues to grow. The Eau Claire campus utilizes both physical devices and our mobile/web-based technologies to foster an ecosystem of growth and success that meets students, and faculty, where they are.

Learn more about iClicker's product options for instructors and students:

Attachments

Outcomes