Faculty Consultant for Psychology, Gina O'Neal-Moffitt, Florida State University

Document created by Becky Anderson Employee on Jun 26, 2019
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Gina O'Neal-Moffitt's pictureName: Dr. Gina O’Neal-Moffitt
Department: Psychology
School: Florida State University
Department: Behavioral, Social Sciences, and Education
School: Tallahassee Community College
Product: LaunchPad for An Introduction to Brain and Behavior, 5e (Kolb), and LaunchPad for The Developing Person through the Life Span, 10e (Berger).  iClicker or Reef Polling for a variety of courses.
LMS Integration (Y or N--and if Y, which LMS): Yes, I use LaunchPad within Canvas, but previously I used LaunchPad within Blackboard as well.
How do you use LaunchPad?  LaunchPad activities and quizzes are required in my online and traditional classes as a significant portion of the student course grade. In either instructional format, LaunchPad really helps to facilitate student-driven learning as they work their way through a variety of activities and videos. In my traditional classes, the associated activities are assigned prior to my lecture of the material so that students are familiar with the concepts and the class time is more engaging as I can focus more on helping students fill-in-the-gaps. After each chapter/section is covered, I require the LearningCurve activities so they can test their understanding and acquisition of knowledge.
What is your advice on using technology with students? We and our students use digital technology for many things we do, but our students spendso much of their time with their devices, that it is difficult to entice them to be without them for long.  Why not meet them where they live and use that to our advantage to help them learn?!

Attachments

Outcomes