McKenzie McNamara | Helping Others Can Acheive Their Dreams

Document created by Andrew Lundner on Aug 27, 2019Last modified by Andrew Lundner on Sep 13, 2019
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
McKenzie McNamara Knowing that the work I am doing can support others to reach for their dreams, just as my parents have done for me, is what drives me to #AchieveMore. With this purpose it is important for me to recognize there will be challenges and I need to be patient, grateful, and positive. I motivated to #AchieveMore so that I can see people reach for and capture their dreams.
Knowing that the work I am doing can support others to reach for their dreams, just as my parents have done for me, is what drives me to #AchieveMore.With this purpose it is important for me to recognize there will be challenges and I need to be patient, grateful, and positive. I motivated to #AchieveMore so that I can see people reach for and capture their dreams.
My Journey to #AchieveMore

It’s 9pm on the last day of finals week and I’m sitting on my couch eating dinosaur shaped pasta, which was truly a splurge on my budget. I just got off the phone with my mom having cried for the last 45 minutes about my failing relationship, working during finals, and playing volleyball tomorrow. I am worn-out. I am stressed. I am struggling. In an attempt to distract myself from piles of laundry and the need to pack for my study abroad trip, I check my email. Macmillan Institutional Solutions “What drives you to #AchieveMore?” Every example illustrates the impact of research and practice on developing an inclusive society as their purpose. Every person is sure of their mission and confident in their abilities. And here I am eating tiny dinosaurs, swollen faced from crying, questioning my authentic motivation to #AchieveMore. And this is what I’ve come up with…

My former first-year residents who are now graduating as accomplished, joyful, members of the school community. My student who just used her knowledge of research developed in my class to land her first job. My peers who have challenged me to expand my knowledge of social justice. My volleyball players getting recruited to play in college. But above all my mom and dad, who didn’t go to college but have done everything to help me reach my dreams in higher education. Knowing that the work I am doing can support others to reach for their dreams, just as my parents have done for me, is what drives me to #AchieveMore. With this purpose, it is important for me to recognize there will be challenges and I need to be patient, grateful, and positive. I motivated to #AchieveMore so that I can see people reach for and capture their dreams.

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes