Patricia Coon | Teaching Through Interpersonal Connections

Document created by Sara Jo Lee on Mar 18, 2020Last modified by Sara Jo Lee on Mar 18, 2020
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode
Patricia Coon shares what drives her to achieve more.
My Journey to #AchieveMore
I'm driven to commit myself to the work that I do because I feel that I can positively influence the direction educators take when considering teaching methods, strategies, pedagogy, and their influence on students. I like them to think outside of the traditional realm of teaching and consider the learning styles, frames of references of their students, and how they can stretch themselves to be better thinkers and teachers. I was influenced by both bad and good teachers throughout my education, but most of all by my fifth-grade teacher. She had a presence that made each child feel included and special, regardless of their ability and interest. She guided us to be intrinsically motivated as well as extrinsically motivated. A mere smile from her made my heart soar! Although I teach online, I developed the courses to be interactive through discussions, modules, and activities that guide the students to delve into the content in a way that truly engages and fascinates them. I hope to impact each student to be the teacher each child needs to develop intellectually, emotionally, and socially and to have the skills and confidence to succeed!

What Drives You to #AchieveMore?

Attachments

Outcomes