STEM News

Alyssa Del-Valle
As a recent graduate, I remember all too well the shivers we would get as students when professors muttered the word “test” or “quiz”. If you wanted to hear a symphony of groans, add in the word now and a sea of furrowed brows and hand slams would fill the room.   Tests get a bad rap in the academic world nowadays. With test anxiety being shed to… (Show more)
in LaunchPad
Adam Whitehurst
In a previous blog post, I talked about the availability of Exercise Central quizzes in all English LaunchPad and LaunchPad Solo products published after summer 2016. This post covers additional banks of questions available in LaunchPad Solo for Readers and Writers and Writer's Help 2.0.   Beginning fall 2016, we began publishing banks of reading… (Show more)
Robert Wilson
It would be great if there were an option to open entirely LaunchPad Solo for Readers and Writers. Perhaps sub-options might include a single due date (or none) and points assigned (or none).    I make this request because I selectively assigned sections during the semester, but a student asked me to make everything available after the term. I…
Becky Anderson
This study reported on the successful redesign of a large, university level lecture course in Introductory Psychology from a traditional face to face (F2F) course into an active learning environment. The lead instructor, Dr. Don Ehlers, adapted the SQ3R (Survey, Question, Read, Review, Recite) method of learning for the structure of his learning…
in LaunchPad
Becky Anderson
As you may recall hearing from us earlier in the year, the LaunchPad team has standing Wednesday releases scheduled. As a result, we’d like you to assume that between 4 am and 8am Eastern on Wednesdays we may be having a release that may require downtime. You should not have assignments due then just in case.   Using that same model, the team… (Show more)
in LaunchPad
Jasmine Miranda
Many instructors have adopted online discussion boards as a tool to encourage students to communicate with each other, share ideas, and participate in peer review. It’s also one of the few ways to check in on students to make sure they are actually reading their assigned texts (though the effectiveness of this is debatable).   Plenty of students… (Show more)
in LaunchPad
Jasmine Miranda
Let’s Play a Game: How does your college match up? By this time of year, high school seniors have received their acceptance letters and have either made their decision of where to attend or will be doing so very soon. It’s also the time of year that colleges shine up their halls to make both their academic and campus life as appealing as… (Show more)
in LaunchPad
Robert Wilson
I would like to make everything on LaunchPad accessible to my class. Is there a way to open the whole thing without assigning due dates?
in LaunchPad
Tom DeMarco
If you will be in the Chicago area on July 27th, join us for one (or both) focus groups for upcoming calculus online resources and content.  Sign up here Macmillan Focus Group Information - Chicago 2017 
in The Math & Stats Community
Tom DeMarco
If you are planning to be in the Baltimore area on July 31st, join us for a focus group and contribute to the development of upcoming online products.   Sign up here: Macmillan Focus Group Information - Baltimore 2017 
in The Math & Stats Community
Eric Nelson
Launchpad has given me the tools to create a much richer learning environment outside of class, which in turn has transformed what I do in live class sessions.  In particular, it has allowed me to break down traditional barriers between in-class and outside of class activities, radically transforming how I structure my course.  Perhaps nowhere is… (Show more)
in LaunchPad
Load more items