It's that time of year where you start thinking about the conclusion of your fall classes and, possibly, even the start of your spring classes. To that end, here are some quick links to help make that transition as painless as possible.
Ending the Fall Semester:
There is a great section in the LaunchPad Instructor's Manual called "Track Student Work" that can help you see all of a student's individual LaunchPad activities (their 'digital footprint'). Here are some other key articles that might be useful today.
- Check student activity on individual assignments.
- How to change a student's grade.
- Check student activity as a whole.
- Import scores for offline assignments, if applicable.
- Zero scores for unsubmitted assignments.
- Export your LaunchPad gradebook.
Preparing for the Spring Semester:
We'd like to provide you with some helpful articles on how to make sure your preparation goes smoothly.
- Create new or copy existing LaunchPad courses. (When in doubt, you are probably better off starting with a new course.)
- Set up your spring courses.
- Deactivate your fall courses.
- Activate your spring courses. (This is an important step and will result in a personal URL for YOUR COURSE that will be emailed to you and that you should distribute to YOUR STUDENTS! Students must enroll in the course with your specific URL.)
- Distribute your spring course URLs to your students so that they can enroll in your courses.
- As usual, you can find links for training, information and help at www.macmillanhighered.com/getsupport.
- Use the opportunity to sign up for a 30 minute training session with a product and discipline expert. It will probably be the most useful 30 minutes you spend prepping this term!
- And if you run into any issues, you and your students can always contact tech support for help, or check out our Instructor User Guide for more information.
Please email Becky Anderson if you have any questions about concluding your fall or getting ready for spring, or suggestions for ways that we can make either of these times of year easier for you and your students.